Promoting positive environmental impact and protecting your organisation.
With the growing number of EU Directives on Environmental Impact Assessment, anticipating and managing environmental risks is crucial if your organization wants to avoid being exposed to liabilities. Comprehensive environmental studies and expert advice are vital to determine whether properties comply with regulations. The right guidance helps ensure that the best decisions are made in the future both for the company and for the environment.
What is Environmental Assessment & Studies? Environmental Assessment & Studies is a range of services for organisations whose buildings and operational sites may have an impact on the environment. Bureau Veritas provides a unique combination of legal expertise and technical skills in such disciplines as land contamination, air quality, hydrology, noise pollution, ecology, geotechnical risks and landscapes.
What are the key benefits?
- Ensure potential risks are identified;
- Assess and control environmental liabilities;
- Avoid potential fines and litigation;
- Target investments;
- Facilitate negotiations for future transactions;
- Demonstrate environmental compliance
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS ?
Recognition - Founded in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a worldwide leader specialized in QHSE and social responsibility services. Certified to ISO 9001 for all of its activities throughout the world, the company actively participates with professional authorities for the development of international standards and regulations.
Knowledge and Expertise - Technical knowledge and availability of our qualified local teams, able to provide packaged and targeted information, are strengths appreciated by our clients.
Network - With a network of 900 locations, 180 laboratories and over 39,000 employees in 140 countries, Bureau Veritas serves 370,000 customers in many different industries across the world.
Personnalized service - Bureau Veritas adapts its services to your needs and helps you identify your legal environmental obligations.
Bureau Veritas offers the following key services:
- Phase I/Phase II Environmental Site Assessments;
- Acoustic and vibration studies;
- Ecology and biodiversity studies;
- Dispersion modeling; Environmental due diligence;
- Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Regulatory permit compliance;
- Flood /hydrogeologic risk and impact assessment;
- Drainage studies; Transportation of dangerous goods.
- What can environmental due diligence do for my company?
Environmental due diligence can protect your company against environmental liabilities incurred following real estate transactions.
- What does the Phase I Environmental Site Assessment cover?
Phase I ESA is a report prepared for real estate holdings which identifies specific environmental contamination liabilities. The main aspects include: potential soil contamination, underground water quality, surface water quality, definition of chemical residues within building structures, identification of building materials containing asbestos, inventory of toxic substances stored or used on site, assessment of mould and mildew and evaluation of other indoor air quality parameters.